Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transpose Crosstab

gmamtani
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I have a raw data set, very unorganized file and I am aiming to create a flat file out of it for modeling purpose. However, I tried creating the workflow using Transform and Crosstab macros and I am stuck. It would be great if I can get some help from the experts.

I have attached the example for the input and the output. 

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards

G

9 REPLIES 9
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@gmamtani 

Here's an example workflow

gmamtani
7 - Meteor

Hi Geraldo,

Thanks a lot for sharing the solutions. I am not able to see the values in the output. I have attached the screenshot of the output.

Many thanks.

Regards

G

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@gmamtani 

sorry, when I put the select tool I didn't correct the columns. Check as it is in the print.

geraldo_1-1684845002321.png

gmamtani
7 - Meteor

Great!!

Thanks Geraldo for sharing the solution. 

You made my work really easy, I was stuck with this for a couple of days. 

Thanks again :)

gmamtani
7 - Meteor

@geraldo 

Just one question. 

When I loaded the real raw data in this workflow, I could only see the data for the fist company. The data for the other companies is not reflecting. What should I do ?

Thanks

G

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@gmamtani 

You would need to send or post a printout of the spreadsheet with 3 records to verify that the location we extracted the company was ideal.

gmamtani
7 - Meteor

@geraldo 

Okay, sure. 

I have posted the dummy data of 4 companies. 

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@gmamtani 

New Workflow

gmamtani
7 - Meteor

@geraldo 

Thanks for the updated workflow. 

I will run it with the complete dataset.  If I have any questions I will connect with you. 

Many Thanks :)

Labels