Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transfer Designer license

GKoukis
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I transfered the designer license to a virtual machine but then I uninstalled Alteryx (don't ask why:) ).

I am now trying to re-activate the license to my physical machine but I get a message that there is no other seat available for this license key.

Is there a time limit for transfering a license? 

I am the license manager but when I check My Alteryx site I only see the download section and I don't have the option to revoke a license (as shown in respective instructions).

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks,

George

5 REPLIES 5
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@GKoukis,

Have you deactivated the licence from the virtual machine?

If yes and you don't find the licence section on your account I suggest you to contact the support team 

Best regards,

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @GKoukis 

The issue is happening because you didnt deactivate the licence on virtual machine. You can give a try once by using the same email id which was used in the first activation.

If your issue doesn't get resolved reach out to support@alteryx.com & fulfillment@alteryx.com for assistance.

GKoukis
5 - Atom

Thanks.

No I did not deactivate the license from the virtual machine.

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

@GKoukis - You can also try activating Alteryx using the offline method outlined here: 

https://help.alteryx.com/product-activation-and-licensing/activate-license-offline

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @GKoukis. Hope your issue gets resolved very soon. 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels