Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tour and Default Settings on Start Up

MadeInHB
8 - Asteroid

I just got a new computer and installed Alteryx on it and registered my key.  Now, everytime I load Alteryx, it resets the view back to the original default view and asks me to start the tour.  I have version 2018.2.6.51223.   Was curious what is causing this and how to make it stop asking for a tour and keep all my settings?

Startup.jpg

22 REPLIES 22
Torch
5 - Atom

Please note that the instructions for 

2. Confirm that your email address is showing in the top right box Machine Serial Number. If it is not, click Edit and enter your serial number

are not 100% correct. When entering the serial number in the email field will delete your Alteryx License. It should obviously be the email address which is entered here.

Webbm
5 - Atom

Worked for me!! Thanks. Don't forget to deactivate the licence! I saw this advice somewhere else without it, I then needed my company admin to remotely deactivate it for me to try again.

Jasond2022
6 - Meteoroid

Okay, so I get to step 16 but I do not have a file in my download folder. What should I do next?

Labels