Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tool settings disappear -- Anyone else experience this?

jmstampe
8 - Asteroid

I'm using Alteryx Designer 2018.3 at work (haven't adopted the newest version yet) and I notice a strange occurrence of tool settings suddenly disappearing or clearing out only when I download workflows or view example workflows within the tool search selection of Designer.

For instance, I selected the Transpose Example in Designer and ran the workflow.  Once completed I clicked on the tools to review the settings of each.  After going through a few I began noticing the settings started disappearing as shown in the following image.
Where are settings???Where are settings??? 

If I try to run the workflow a second time, not changing anything, I get errors . . .

errors.JPG

If I close the workflow without saving, open back up the example (or download from community) and try to run it, the settings are still wiped and I get errors.

If I shut down Designer completely, not saving, reopen, grab the same example, and run it the settings return but only temporarily it seems.

Welcome Back.JPG

And within a few minutes they are gone and running produces errors . . .

And Gone.JPG

I'm not sure what's going on here and wanted to see if others have this issue and/or know a resolution.  It may also be a bad install too as I have noticed another issue that I'm working with IT to configure/resolve (python tool doesn't install Jupyter).

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

In your user settings, under Advanced, do you have the "Disable Auto-Configure" box checked? I do, and I sometimes encounter this when I open a workflow and click on a Transpose tool before I run the workflow in that session. 

jmstampe
8 - Asteroid

I believe you are correct.  I ended up restoring all my settings to default and that seemed to work.  However, I do recall have that option checked prior to restoring.

davidhenington
10 - Fireball

has this been addressed in subsequent versions? 

This is a bug!!!

PhaniV
8 - Asteroid

This is super annoying bug, does anyone know if this has been resolved?

Labels