Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Tool renames

BecclesBen
7 - Meteor

Hi I have a pretty big workflow with limited error handling. The workflow is run on a server by ~30 people. and has options to exclude parts of the workflow in containers via a check box which disable that part of the workflow

It occasionally fails with error like: parse error at char(13) unknown variable ... expression #1 Tool ID 3173

Can anyone advise the best way to add something that would make the error a bit easier for the people running it to provide some guidance as to which parts to switch off if they want to re-run?

I don't really want to do this manually as there are 1100 tools which need to be renamed, including
229 selects

73 filters

220 formula tools

47 joins

25 unions

46 inputs

10 macros

43 summarize

all in 156 containers - though there are 8 containers which i'd like to do a find-replace on to do the renames 

1 REPLY 1
Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

@BecclesBen ,

It seems to me that 1100 tools in one workflow is pretty big to deal with errors.

I don't know details of your business background. So it may not necessarilyapplicable to your case.

But considering the productivity and maintainability,

I would consider dividing the big workflow into several smaller macros (modules), e.g. by each container.

Labels