Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Time diff

gagandeep_dhall
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am trying to get difference of time in 2 columns to be displayed in minutes.

I was able to get it in seconds, but unable to get it in minutes.

Start TimeEnd TimeDifference (in mins)
19:51:2320:52:21 

Thanks,

Gagandeep

15 REPLIES 15
gagandeep_dhall
8 - Asteroid

Thanks.

I am using: Input Data with wildcard

As all I need is the data from a particular tab to be added from the same tab from all the 3 files into one. 

since Wildcard is the easiest option, I am not aware, why is it doing it correctly for some tabs and for some it isnt.

Regards

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @gagandeep_dhall 

It could be data template issue. Even though data might look same they might slight template difference sometimes. This could be as small as data size.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

By the sound of it, it seems that the subsequent files have a different schema and that's why Alteryx is not able to read them all.

Some great posts on how to overcome this can be found below:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/CS-Macro-Dev-Reading-in-Multiple-Fi...

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-import-multiple-excel-sheets-files-different-schema-bingqian-gao/

Hope that helps,

Angelos

gagandeep_dhall
8 - Asteroid

Hi Angelos,

Tried using it, but the problem is that its not even fetching the input from multiple files which is the 1st step.

It will change the name of the tab/sheet only if its able to read the sheets. Very strange issue.

Regards,

Gagandeep

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @gagandeep_dhall ,

So you mean the directory tool does not read the different files in that folder?

gagandeep_dhall
8 - Asteroid

So, it worked :), BUT

the output of the Batch Macro Template is adding the name of the columns in the data for every file it is adding.

E.g:

F1(Newly auto populated col headers)F2F3
Col 1 from File 1Col 2 from File 1Col 3 from File 1
Data from File 1Data from File 1Data from File 1
Col 1 from File 2Col 2 from File 2Col 3 from File 2
Data from File 2Data from File 2Data from File 2 

Now I was able to rename the F1, F2 & F3 using Dynamic tool and coding it to pick the 1st row value, but there are still unwanted column names which are contained in the data 😞

Labels