Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (32)

KSBurnett
6 - Meteoroid

Error: Output Data (76): Internal Error - Deadlock detected (@1)

That error wouldn't fit in the subject

Just upgraded to 2022.1.1.25127 Alteryx Designer x64 and got a new computer.  Not sure which issue is causing me a problem.  Some of my workflows that produce one excel files with multiple tabs are giving me errors.  I am using a Block Until Done tool and that does not help.  

I have tried recreating my 

13 REPLIES 13
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@KSBurnett ,

If you just upgraded, you may be encountering differences when using AMP.  Try turning AMP off and see if that resolves your challenge.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
KSBurnett
6 - Meteoroid

Great.  How do I do that?

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@KSBurnett ,

Here is a link for the help on AMP.  https://help.alteryx.com/20221/designer/alteryx-amp-engine 

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
KSBurnett
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you. 

I'm no longer getting the deadlock error and I'm getting 2 more tabs that I was not getting before.  However, I am still missing 3 of my 6 total tabs and getting the "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (32)". error.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@KSBurnett 
Would it be possible if you can share a part of the flow, so we can check if anything is causing the issue.
Maybe your Block until done is not correctly configured, since you are producing 6 tabs, so at lease 3 Block until Done tools are required, I think.

KSBurnett
6 - Meteoroid

Yes.  That was it.  Even though I had turned AMP off, moving my BUD's fixed my issue.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@KSBurnett 
Good to know it gets resolved. 😁

Amanda_Breeze
8 - Asteroid

Hey, I'm getting this same issue but with writing to an Alteryx yxdb file. Same version too. I've got a workflow that creates the file and a workflow that uses it as an input and I'm trying to update the file on the fly but Alteryx has locked it. It's not enough to close the offending tab, I have to close the entire program to resolve the deadlock. I have got to say this is really annoying. I even tried writing to a different file and using that, now both files are deadlocked even though one of them is no longer being used by any process. It's like Alteryx has it still open in the back end somewhere. Disabling the AMP engine does not solve this issue. I'd really appreciate it if this could be resolved without having to close down everything.

DanTh
Alteryx
Alteryx

Following.

Labels