Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tableau Output v1.3.1 Error "This Credential was created using a schema that's not curr...

steven-barsalou-nninc
6 - Meteoroid

When using Tableau Output v1.3.1 and attempting to use a credential from DCM using the "Setup Connection" button, I get the error "This Credential was created using a schema that's not currently present on your system" error.  I have tried creating the credential on Alteryx Gallery and in Alteryx Designer then syncing.  Both methods throw an error.

Has anybody else had this error?  Most important, how do you fix this?

Tableau Output v1.3.1

Alteryx Designer v2022.3.508

Alteryx Server v2022.3.508

Step 1 - Create credential in Alteryx Designer

stevenbarsalounninc_0-1690991351489.png

Step 2 - Sync credential with Alteryx Server/Gallery DCM

stevenbarsalounninc_1-1690991351502.png

Step 3 - Select synced credential in Tableau Output v1.3.1 to "Setup Connection"

stevenbarsalounninc_2-1690991351506.png

Step 4 - Get error which flashes so quickly, that I had to take a video of it and go frame by frame to see the error (and grab this screenshot).

stevenbarsalounninc_3-1690991351482.png

Step 5 - After the error flashes, the credential information is displayed, but no connection made

stevenbarsalounninc_4-1690991351494.png

2 REPLIES 2
steven-barsalou-nninc
6 - Meteoroid

The issue here is that I had not defined the "data source" or linked the credentials to the data source.  When connecting with the Tableau Output tool, you should always select a data source first then a credential associated with that data source.  Alteryx could help avoid these errors with better UI design.  Force the user to pick a data source, then display any credentials to that data source.

Alt_eryx22
6 - Meteoroid

Hello! Thanks so much for posting your solution. I'm having a similar issue with Google Tools. I build workflows using my credentials, then save to Server. I was having validation timeouts so it occurred to me I should share my Data Sources and Credentials with the Alteryx Service Account. I can share my Data Source with the Alt Service Account just fine, but when I attempt to share credentials I get this: "This Credential was created using a schema googledriveoutput.google_oauth_tokens that’s not currently present on your system."

Google Tools are installed both on my machine and within Designer on the Server.

When I setup my Google Tools in the workflow in Designer. I always choose the Data Source first, then select the linked Credential, so I seem to be doing it in the right order per your observation. Do you think there's anything else you found that might be causing me problems?

Labels