Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tableau Output Error: Tool #XX: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

theyele
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

In Alteryx 2021.3, I'm finding that the Tableau Output tool isn't working in the Scheduler. (not Gallery!)

The workflow publishes fine when run manually. But when running on schedule, I'm getting the error message "Error: Tool #XX: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'" - after some searching it sounds like this is an issue with credentials in the Connection Manager?

I've hunted through User and Controller settings and set SDK to "Allow" but still seeing the same problem. 

28 REPLIES 28
jessicathomas
6 - Meteoroid

Did you ever find a solution? 

pitmansm
8 - Asteroid

just experiencing this as we are trying the new Tableau tool on our side. any update? 

theyele
6 - Meteoroid

Unfortunately we did not find a solution. We had to revert our workflows to the old Tableau Publish tool as we found other issues that was problematic for us regarding "batched" output. Essentially the Tableau Output tool would write in batches of e.g. 500K records over a period of time (up to 30Min in our use case) and this caused users to see "partially" updated reports for 50% of the day for hourly updates.

pitmansm
8 - Asteroid

same here. i wonder if  @support is gettgin more than just us with that error.

Ukashi
8 - Asteroid

I have the same problem - bumping it in gope to get solution other than reverting to the old tool.

pitmansm
8 - Asteroid

let us know if you get a solution

pitmansm
8 - Asteroid

i discovered that if you have more than one output you have to block until done to get it working. so basically whoever designed this tool made it so only ONE can run at a time. 

pitmansm
8 - Asteroid

i also discovered that if you put a block node to get it to not error the tools do not Load data. Soo this was fun...

swadson
7 - Meteor

I get this error from the Designer as well. Any ideas what the issue could be? One of my colleague us able to run it though. Could it be a tool installation issue?

Error: Tableau Output (6): 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'dtypes'

Labels