Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Tableau Output Error: Tableau Output: Got an invalid value 'X' for column "Y"

theyele
Meteoroid

Hello, 

I'm getting an error when publishing with the Tableau Output tool in version 2021.3: 'Error: Tableau Output (86): Got an invalid value '360' for column "LinesPerHour", it must be an int instance'

The field is set as Int 32 and '360' should definitely be a valid integer! Any ideas? 

18 ANTWORTEN 18
FaizanSayed
Meteoroid

Were you able to figure the error out?

We were facing the same issue and from out testing this happens when you create a new column with just characters.

theyele
Meteoroid

We have found that changing the field type to V_String enabled the Tableau tool to output the dataset, but we have not yet been able to find a solution that takes the Integer and process the dataset correctly. Strangely we have a second Tableau output in the workflow that uses the same data as an input and Joins it to another set, and this output did not produce the same error, thus accepting the integers correctly.

FaizanSayed
Meteoroid

Just to confirm the second output was created and then no additional columns were added, correct?

theyele
Meteoroid

Yes, no additional columns created.

Mitch_S
Meteor

I too am having this problem with the Tableau Output tool. "Got an invalid value '8' for column ".....", it must be an INT instance. I used a SELECT tool to make sure the column was INT and it is INT32. I tried using INTO32:Forced to see if that helped at it did not.

I am trying to switch from the Publish to Tableau tool to the Tableau Output tool, but the new tool just sucks sooooo much. I have no workflow errors with the old tool, and many (this is just one case) with the new one.

FaizanSayed
Meteoroid

Is there any chance you have any nulls in the dataset?

Mitch_S
Meteor

Nope. In the SQL query I COALESCE all the NULLs with 0. There is no column in the entire dataset that contains a NULL value.

FaizanSayed
Meteoroid

Did you add a new column after creating the first dataset?

Or try creating a new dataset completely and see whether that works?

Mitch_S
Meteor

I received this update from Support in response to a ticket. Since sending data to Tableau is 95% of what I do with Alteryx, the software is no longer usable for me. 

Hi Mitch,

Thank you for confirming.

Unfortunately, it looks like you've stumbled on to another known defect on our end.

The following data types seem to be running into similar issues, with different error messaging:

• Float
  • Double
  • Int16/32/32:enforced/64
This has been written up by our team and is currently set with a status of Open. There is currently no timeline for a fix but I am hopeful that this is looked at/addressed for the next release of the Tableau Tool.

Beschriftungen