Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Table tool moving the date column at the end

ritukakar
5 - Atom

Hi! I have a workflow which I run every week - the consolidated information from excel is collected in a table in alteryx and the date gets auto-filled depending on the week. The final output is a table sent out in an email, with the first column being "As of week (today's date)". The problem is every time I run it, the Table tool gives a warning that the previous week's "as of week xx" column was not found and will be ignored (which I want it to be ignored). While the warning is okay, for some reason it always moves the "as of week xx" column right at the end in the last column when I run the workflow. I have added the Select tool twice right before the Table tool to keep the "As of week xx" column in place, but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it works after I delete the Select tool altogether and replace it with a new one. And sometimes I have to run the workflow a couple of times before it fixes itself. 

Has anyone faced a similar problem/ have a permanent solution to this? Thanks in advance! 

2 REPLIES 2
griffinwelsh
12 - Quasar

The table tool has a sort order section. Move the Dynamic or Unknown Fields column to the position you need in the table tool. Also you should deselect the old date column in the table tool to get rid of the warning. 

1918.png

ritukakar
5 - Atom

thank you so much!! it worked!! :)

Labels