Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

TS Covariate Forecast Tool

rsivasankaran
5 - Atom

I am trying to use the TS Covariate Forecast tool to forecast sales for 31 days in Jan 2023.

The inputs to the TS Covariate Forecast tool are the Output stream from the ARIMA tool and a dataset that has the dates and covariates for each day in Jan 2023. 

I am getting the following error:

Error: TS Covariate Forecast (53): TS Forecast: Error in `contrasts<-`(`*tmp*`, value = contr.funs[1 + isOF[nn]]) :

I am using 10 years of data until 2022 to train the ARIMA model. 

Is there an example that I could use to understand how to do this?

1 REPLY 1
rsivasankaran
5 - Atom

Based on this post it appears that the TS Covariate Forecast tool needs the same input data as the ARIMA tool and it will forecast the same number of forecasts in the input dataset. Since I am interested only in the first 31 days, I will simply ignore the rest of the forecast. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Forecasts-more-than-needed-from-the-TS...

Labels