Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

TOOL MASTERY

Claire_
6 - Meteoroid

I am presently trying the use of the Select Tool. I have an exercise that states "Using the file from the last exercise (.yxft) - load it to autoconfigure your select tool". After running the workflow attached, I am getting the error " The File ID does not match in the FileHeader". Please assist to put me through on how to resolve this error because I am confused at this point.

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Claire_ ,

Would you be able to share your workflow + sample dataset and the yxft file so I can check that out?

Best,

Fernando V.

Claire_
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for offering to help @fmvizcaino ! Kindly find attached and assist to resolve. Got the following error message while trying to attach the .yxft file ''Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• The attachment's chillis select sample .yxft content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed.''
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Claire_ ,

The yxft file carries all the information related to data type configuration extracted from a select tool.

To use that and autoconfigure the select tool as mentioned in your exercise, you need to go in your select tool and configure as the image below is showing.

fmvizcaino_0-1592852666448.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Claire_
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @fmvizcaino! I have made the needed corrections. Can you assist with more exercises to enable me better understand the select tool functionality better because I think I just did some copy and paste to solve as I don't think I have mastery yet. Thanks for your continual assistance,

Labels