Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Summarizing a Sub Total and Name it

verde0903
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

When doing a sum and the workflow gives me a result of 60 (see attached sample), how do I put a name to that subtotal.  In addition, how can I add both sub-total to give me a total of 120 and also name that as "Total".

Thanks,

Maylen

2 REPLIES 2
mzak89
7 - Meteor

Hello!

Is this the actual schema of your data? Or "Ordered" and "Purchased" are separate tables?

Generally speaking, you need to use summarize tool. Group by customer and "Purchased"/ "Ordered" column and then summarize to get subtotal.

In order to get total you need to group by customer only and the sum.

Then you need to use union (manually configured fields option) to attach the totals/subtotals under the columns you need. The most tricky part is to attach the totals and subtotals in the correct order. To do that I calculate max ID in each group and add 0.5 to the result, to ensure the proper order.

But in order to give you more specific answer, I would need to see the data data sample.

Sample workflow is in the attachment.

Kind regards
Mateusz

verde0903
8 - Asteroid

Hi Mateusz,

Thank you for the suggestion.  I tried adding it to my current workflow and now it only give me the sub-total of one.  I am attaching a sample of what am looking for to see if you can advise what else I can do.

Thanks,

Maylen

Labels