Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
解決済み

Summarize Tool/action-value list?

apathetichell
アルタイル

Hey,

Does anyone have a list of the @ action - values for the Summarize tool when using the Action/Interface tools? I'm experimenting with using dropdowns and the Summarize tool and it would be a bit easier if there was a full list of the specific syntax for how to pass in the various options.

I can get them via manually changing the configuration of Summarize and jotting down how the Action tool changes (Count, CountNonNull, Avg, AvgNo0 etc...) but I was wondering if anyone had a pre-existing list.

Thanks.

4件の返信4
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@apathetichell 

How about the Summarize Action List from the Alteryx Help?

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/summarize-tool#summary-actions

Capture1A.PNG

apathetichell
アルタイル

Hi @Qiu

Thanks - I'm really looking for the syntax for the options for the "@action - value =" line which the Action tool/Summarize tool Update Value uses. I know it's mostly the same/the same without spaces but some things change i.e. Average become "Avg" and I'm hoping that someone has played around with user customizable summarize options to have a good feel.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@apathetichell wrote:

Hi @Qiu

Thanks - I'm really looking for the syntax for the options for the "@action - value =" line which the Action tool/Summarize tool Update Value uses. I know it's mostly the same/the same without spaces but some things change i.e. Average become "Avg" and I'm hoping that someone has played around with user customizable summarize options to have a good feel.

Hi @apathetichell 

This is an amazing use case, I have worked on something similar where you are trying to change the aggregate function of summarize using interface tools. Its a really unique usecase and more unique since you are looking for list of aggregation functions. As per my knowledge i dont think so there is a published list of functions name which you can directly use as reference.

But there is a trick on how you can easily get it from your canvas.

Create a canvas with a single row of data and use summarize tool and add all the aggregation required. 

atcodedog05_0-1620283187724.png

Save the file and then locate the workflow(.yxmd) file on your system, right click on the file to get "open with" option. Select open with notepad. Now your workflow opens has a xml file like below, here try to find the summarize block. Here you can find the list of functions. If add all functions you should be able to see them here.

atcodedog05_1-1620283254334.png

Hope this trick helps you 🙂 let me know if you have any questions.

Have a good day

apathetichell
アルタイル

@atcodedog05THANK YOU! I hadn't thought about using the xml/notepad trick for this.  And glad to see that someone else thinks that the Interface/Action/Summarize interaction is AMAZING.

投票
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
ラベル