Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sum/Count values over for a rolling n period

SamThomas
6 - Meteoroid

Hi 

I have a report that has heavily relied upon excel up until now, where I am trying to migrate to Alteryx. I have converted 90% of this process but am on the final hurdle and was wondering if anyone could assist. 

I have a data sheet that I need to summarise on a monthly rolling basis. 

In the data sheet, there are 30 sites. Each site will be given a 1 or 0 for each day based on whether or not if performed well. 

I need to summarise these values on a rolling monthly basis to see, each week, which sites are not performing. I hope that makes sense, please refer to my data examples if not. 

My question is, how do I replicate this in Alteryx / or is there a better way to do it. Thanks in advance. 

1 REPLY 1
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SamThomas ,

I'm not sure which totals you want so I've built something that give you totals by week, from which you can roll up to Month and Year.

One stream gives you the standalone total for the week (if you want to roll it up simply remove the week from the sum tool, then the month if you want it by year), the other gives the same but as a running total.

I hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Labels