Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLUCIONADO

Subtotals on crosstabs

gharding
Meteoro

I have a crosstab that comes out nice.

I have three groupings a week number a name and then a date.  Values are grouped by a field which works out great.

However, I need to be able to provide a subtotal after each name changes, as well as have a total on the right.

Is there a way to do that?  

Thank you!

Updated note to include sample answer with the things I want in yellow highlight

15 RESPOSTAS 15
gharding
Meteoro

I fixed one thing to make the totals be correct for the day and people.  However, I need to get a total for the week (will be 1 - 10).

@AGilbert you are a STAR!  Can you help me get it to the finish line?  Have learned a lot from this already, but don't want to screw it up.  Cheers,

Gary

AGilbert
Bólide

Here is a solution. The previous workflow is inside a macro which works on each week's data at a time. Each week is returned with subtotals to the main workflow. Then the grand total is calculated before the final report is unioned together. I tried to add some notes to help explain. 

Only other new items is that a template of the headers is included at the end of the macro to handle situations where columns don't yet exist. 

Ask any questions you may have. 

gharding
Meteoro

I may do a way around it.  Do each week as a separate tab on an excel file - that may work.

Let me see how that goes.

Thanks

Gary

AGilbert
Bólide

Are you just having trouble opening the .yxzp file? 

gharding
Meteoro

yes

but i am also trying to learn how to work around someting.

AGilbert
Bólide

Ok, message here or pm if you need something. Screenshots or workflows always help. 

Enquetes
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Rótulos