Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Stop records from passing through without an error message

Roche
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone, 

I am filtering data based on whether the column calendar month has only nulls or not.  If it has only nulls, then records needs to stop passing through that branch of the flow and instead run through the other branch.  I.e. this function will be in the middle of the flow and not as an input or output specifically.  (That is if this can be done, otherwise I will need to look at dividing the flow up into 2 flows.  I had a look at this post (link below), but not sure if I can apply the macro in my scenario (screenshot below). 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Stop-Records-from-Passing-Through-a-to...

Roche_0-1664966818809.png

I attach some example / test data which can be possible outcomes from the 2 output nodes of the 1st filter tool.  The one will display nulls in the column and the other one will display values.

I might need to use interface tools and might need to work with a macro as well.

Would appreciate some help on this one. 

Thank you, 

Rouche

3 REPLIES 3
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hello @Roche 

To confirm, are the sample files provided meant to represent data coming out of the filter tool you have in your workflow? 

Would you be able to provide a sample output for what you're trying to achieve along with a large sample dataset? 

Based on the initial explanation, its not exactly clear what you're looking to leverage the message for.

Thank you!

Gautier

Roche
8 - Asteroid

Hi @gautiergodard .  I am going to repost the question.  I need to add some information.

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Feel free to repost on this thread and ill try to help you out ! @Roche 

Labels