Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Start order of inputs

SKing
5 - Atom

Hi,

This is my first question to the Alteryx community, so a) hello! and b) please forgive me if this is simple question.

I have a workflow which creates a report based on several different inputs. One of these is the main data and I'm then adding various columns to this from the other sources.

The problem I have is that one of these secondary sources takes much longer at the input stage than the others, but because it's a secondary source, I can't force the workflow to start with this one so it is running while the rest of the workflow runs. Thus the workflow takes about 35 minutes to complete, but without this data source, it is closer to 10 minutes.

Is there any way of forcing this part of the workflow to start running immediately? This source does not contain all the rows within the main data, so I can't make it my primary source.

Many thanks for any advice.

Simon.

1 REPLY 1
dougperez
12 - Quasar

Hello!

The "normal" execution order is upper to bottom, left to right. Try to use the AMP to multithread execution.

Regards,

Labels