Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Spliting amount column between round dollar amounts and uneven amounts

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

Hello! 

I have created a macro that splits my amount column between round dollar amounts (like $100,$500,$1000,$4300) and uneven amounts (something like $ 743/$881/$29,064,etc). This macro works perfectly on my current data set. Attaching both my dataset (named round dollar amounts) and the macro. 

However, when I try to use this macro on a different excel file (attached as dataset 1) that contains various other columns (like date, description, name, address and amount), I do not get the desired output. The amounts in the other dataset are in decimals and I want to filter out the decimal values and the rounded values. Would be great if anyone can help me with this. Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6
nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

Check if changing the datatype to FixedDecimal with 0 decimal places meets your requirement:

Capture3.PNG

Output:

Capture4.PNG

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

Thanks! But this rounding off the decimals (like rounding off 10.81 to 11). 

I simply want it to filter the round dollar amounts (amounts that are a multiple of 10). Any help with this ?

Thanks! 

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

How about adding this condition in the filter?

Capture.PNG

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

Awesome! This worked exactly as I wanted it to. I am now trying to add a pie chart to see how much of my data set is true and how much is false. But I am not able to make this work. Attaching my final macro. Can you please guide me for this as well? 

Thanks!

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

try this and use with your macro:

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

This works, appreciate your response! Thanks!

Labels