Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Split multiple tables in a tab into separate tabs

db89
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Attached is a sample of an excel where I have multiple data tables in one single tab.

What I am trying to achieve here is split the tables separately in to different tabs as an output in a single excel file. 

I was using IIF logic in Multi-row-formula tool, but it is throwing things off. Any help on this will be superb!

Thanks,

db89

3 REPLIES 3
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Start by using a multi-row formula to flag each of the tables. Then use a formula tool to create the FilePath in a new field based on the Index of the Multirow tool. In your output tool tick the box that says Take File/Table Name from Field and select the new field you created with the Formula tool. This will output each table into a new tab.

db89
8 - Asteroid

Hey @cjaneczko 

Appreciate your reply, I was using IIF logic in Multi-row-formula tool, but it is flagging every tables the same way. 

Would you like to share how you are doing it with a sample?

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

The following should work to group the tables. Form1 is column A in your example. 

if contains([Row-1:Form1],'complete') then [Row-1:INDEX] + 1 else [Row-1:INDEX] endif

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels