Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Source field text are not being displayed in Alteryx

kenan_turker
5 - Atom

Dear community experts, 

We created In-DB connection in order to get data from SAP HANA. While getting data from source system, we encounter with two main issues. 

1) Numerical field names are being displayed as BNR_1, BNR_2, BNR_3 and so forth..... even though they have their description in source system. This issue puts me in trouble since I am not able understand which field is Gross Sales, which field is Net Sales, which field is Sales Quantity and think about around 200-250 fields with BNR prefix. Because of this issue I try to match fields by cross checking the values with orginal report and leads calculation errors. 

2) In the original report, suppose the Gross Value for 'Material X' is 500 EUR. When I examine the Alteryx browse node to locate where this 500 EUR value is allocated, I find that it is listed under the BNR_6 field for 'Material X.'When I perform the same analysis for 'Material Y,' I observe that the Gross Sales for 'Material Y' is 300 EUR, and it is displayed under the BNR_7 field, which is one column to the right of where it should be. Additionally, the Quantity '5 pcs' for 'Material Y' is placed under the BNR_6 field, which was previously identified as the Gross Sales column for 'Material X.'

This inconsistency is posing challenges in data alignment.

Thank you for any guidance you can provide.

0 REPLIES 0
Labels