Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sorting Outlook Email Inbox By User

kmoncol
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I'm trying to sort emails in a shared inbox by user. I've created folders with each user's name in the shared inbox and wish to use Alteryx to sort the inbox each day; placing the emails addressed to each user into their respective folders. Due to company SOPs, I'm unable to leverage the Outlook 365 tool and wondered if anyone knows how to perform this functionality another way?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @kmoncol 

Have tried building rules in the shared inbox?

Dan

kmoncol
5 - Atom

Hi Dan, 

Yes, that works for all future emails but I was looking to utilize alteryx so we could also clean up inboxes with thousands of email backlogs. As well as apply an alteryx solution to any other inboxes without setting up rules within each one.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @kmoncol 

Alteryx isn't designed to manage mailboxes.  The input tools(which you can't use) are made to read data into Alteryx so that it can be blended, analyzed etc.   

You can develop a solution for this using the MS graph API, but Alteryx probably isn't the best front end for this either.  Look into PowerShell or possibly Fabric.

Dan 

Labels