Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Snowflake MFA and Alteryx

mkosmicki1
8 - Asteroid

Has anyone had any issues with Alteryx when using MFA for Snowflake? Trying to anticipate any issues that may arise so I can have documentation and explanations ready for my users.

3 REPLIES 3
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

I doubt you can implement MFA in a workflow .... I know Snowflake is recommending MFA on all accounts, but that doesn't/can't extend to credentials that are embedded in a workflow because the MFA challenge cannot be answered.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

There's no issue with this on Designer - on Server you'd need a JWT/service account/etc like you'd need for any Snowflake pipeline integration. 

Use the DSII driver - configure externalbrowser in authenticator in your odbc64... ask if you have any other questions.

mkosmicki1
8 - Asteroid

@apathetichell I was guessing that was the method to use. Just trying to avoid the same debacle that we had with Tableau MFA. 

Thanks!

Labels