Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Single Column to Table

Asalmeida
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have been trying to work my way around this but couldn't make it happen. I just started using Alteryx and this seems to be out of my reach.

My data is in a single column and I want to make it look like the following:

Capture57.JPG

-The data represented by the same letters isn't the same but refers to the same attribute.
-Some data groups have 8 rows, some have only 7.

-If Row G isn't present I would need to shift row F to Column7
-X is the last data cell for each group, and a part of it is always the same, so that can be used.

Many thanks in advance for you help.

21 REPLIES 21
Asalmeida
7 - Meteor

Hi Emil,

Seems like I wasn't clear enough, sorry. The words after Model: aren't the same. I used the same word to represent the  category of data that will be the same and the need to change the data from Column L to M (looking at my sample output) if there is no data on column L.

Let me know what details I am missing, thanks.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Asalmeida,

I needed to remove 2 extra columns and made some changes and It should work now:

Emil_Kos_1-1615371660050.png

Asalmeida
7 - Meteor

Hi Emil, thank you for your response.

I think it is better to share sample that is more close to reality go give you the tools to solve this.

In this new sample all the cells that are fixed are exactly like in the data I need. What is random says random.

Let me know what you think.

Asalmeida
7 - Meteor

I tried to explain it even better in the attached sample.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Asalmeida,

It is not working for this particular example but you can check if it works with your data but I believe it might work for you:

Emil_Kos_0-1615377728035.png

Probably you will need to change this multi-row formula so it will work for you as expected:

Emil_Kos_1-1615377754998.png

Probably your fields will not contain the word of telephone or address so you will need to adjust this formula. 

Asalmeida
7 - Meteor

This worked perfectly with a few minor tweaks, thank you 🙂

But the outcome is only including 30 rows or so? Any idea about that?

Asalmeida
7 - Meteor

I just needed to change the input tool, sorted.

Asalmeida
7 - Meteor

Hi Emil,

Getting really close now! The only thing not working as intended is when there are only 2 rows between Address: and Telephone: instead of 3 or 4.

I haven't made clear because I didn't notice it in the initial data. I tried changing the multi-row formula but I could not make a difference... Sorry.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Asalmeida,

No worries I will take a look into that later during the day. 

Asalmeida
7 - Meteor

Thank you very much!

Labels