Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Simba ODBC Driver truncating, crashes every time I try to go to the options to increase

elenareiss
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am trying to ingest data from Adobe Customer Journey Analytics into Alteryx using Postgres. It is truncating an extremely important attribute. I tried using select to increase the character amount, however it didn't have an effect. I can see in Adobe that the data is not truncated in the dataset. I read that the Simba ODBC driver has a setting that is very likely truncating my attribute, however whenever I try to go to settings in the driver it crashes. I tried the older version of the driver as well to no avail.

Thanks,

Elena

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

are you using the Greenplum setting In-DB - and what are your datatype configuration options set at it in your ODBC 64 config?

elenareiss
6 - Meteoroid

I don't know what Greenplum is, I will ask the engineer who set up the API for me.

I can't change the configuration settings in ODBC, it crashes every time I try to open it. We reinstalled the driver many times, and installed the older version. It just won't let me open the settings. Do you have any advice on this? Thanks.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Is this an API or is this a server endpoint? You mentioned Postgres. You'd connect to Postgres using an ODBC 64 driver. You'd connect to an API via CURL and the Download tool. Can you get more clarity?

elenareiss
6 - Meteoroid

I found the problem, or rather my friend from accounting did. When I opened the driver it popped up on my laptop instead of my second monitor. The laptop cut off the bottom of the popup, so I drug it to my second monitor. By simply closing my laptop and opening the driver on my bigger screen I was able to open the program parts and make changes. Sadly after changing the attributes to longer character settings it is still truncated, which is likely being done as the data exists the lake based on process of elimination.

Labels