Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sharing Workflow and colleague can't run it.

CGadbury
7 - Meteor

We are currently having the problem where I cannot share a workflow to a colleague without them getting a DCM error.  My input is a SQL query where we have the same connections to our company database. Is there another way to do this without getting an Alteryx server for our company? 

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisTX
16 - Nebula

Without knowing much about DCM technicalities, I'm guessing your DCM connection is somehow tied to your network id?

Could you use a direct connection to your database, bypassing DCM, like:

Input Data tool > un-check Use Data Connection Manager > click Set Up a Connection > Data Sources (on the left) > Scroll to (your database type), like Microsoft SQL Server > try Quick connect or ODBC.  You can use Windows Authentication.

Chris

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Replace the DCM connection string with an Alias. Have your coworker create the same Alias for his DCM connection. You should then be able to share the workflow with him. The connection string likely has your credentials saved in which will not work on his machine. If you use an Alias as the connection string it will use each of your own individual DCM's to connect without issue. 

Check out this article.

https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/Database-Connections-Creating-an-alias-and-the-advanta...

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels