Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Several file outputs with several sheets, with pre-assigned template

AlteryxPrime666
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx Community,

I have following dataset (the set could have N rows) which I should get outputted to Excel files, for which I have a pre-assigned template. I also need to get each department for their individual Excel file with pre-assigned with sheet for each team. So the outcome here would be two Excel files (HR and Marketing) with pre-assigned template and sheet for each team ( In HR file, there would be two sheets, in Marketing file one sheet and so on). Is this kind of trick possible with Excel output? 

Thank's a lot in advance for answers!  

RasmusEdlundPWC_0-1677676985287.png

2 REPLIES 2
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@AlteryxPrime666 This can be done in Alteryx.

1. For creating separate excel output file you need to create a path variable using a formula tool

2. To write into the pre-formatted template , check out the "Preserve formatting on overwriting options" in the output tool

Attaching a sample workflow for your reference

binuacs_0-1677680707428.png

AlteryxPrime666
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the answer. I understood the logic, but I keep getting this error: 

Error: Output Data (3): Unable to Open archive for zipping: C:\Users\jacksmith\OneDrive\Desktop\Personel Data\Output Excels\output.xlsx'.\'HR.xlsx Can't open file: C:\Users\jacksmith\OneDrive\Desktop\Personel Data\Output Excels\output.xlsx'.\'HR.xlsx: The system cannot find the path specified. (3)

Here is my formula: 

RasmusEdlundPWC_0-1677754197409.png

Do you know what could be the problem? Thanks a lot in advance! 

EDIT: I have the workflow in the same folder as empty Excel file to which I want to write into. 

Labels