Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Server, Summary tool field is missing.

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi,

Im getting this error:

• The field "EIR Re-Calc" is missing. Compare the tool configuration with the input stream. {Action=IRR). (Tool Id: 16)

Why does this happen?

7 REPLIES 7
DataNath
17 - Castor

Can you open up and check your flow @wonka1234? At tool 16 (can do ctrl+F and type in 16 to find this), Alteryx is unable to find your [EIR Re-Calc] field. Have you perhaps renamed it or accidentally deselected it in a Select/Join tool or something somewhere upstream before your data reaches this point?

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@DataNath  yes i found the tools, however when I run it locally i do not get this error.

DataNath
17 - Castor

@wonka1234 does this field come from another input or is it created from calculations of fields from another input or something? Just thinking it may run fine if you run this locally if it’s bringing this in from your machine, but if your Alteryx server doesn’t have access to this then it won’t be able to bring in the file and find that field. Not sure though as if that was the case I’d imagine Alteryx would error earlier from not being able to find the input. Are you able to share the flow or some screenshots if that’s not the issue?

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@DataNath 

Sure, So i am having it in several parts:

• The field "EIR Re-Calc" is missing. Compare the tool configuration with the input stream. (Tool Id: 229)
  • The field "Pool ID" is missing. Compare the tool configuration with the input stream. (Tool Id: 3)
  • The field "Pool ID" is missing. Compare the tool configuration with the input stream. (Tool Id: 20)
  • The field "Pool ID" is missing. Compare the tool configuration with the input stream. (Tool Id: 5)

here is tool 229 (the filter)

wonka1234_0-1657127046029.png

and here is a sample of Pool ID

wonka1234_1-1657127096060.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

Okay yeah so it looks like you’re referencing a few different Inputs here? As they’re running fine locally but not in Server, I’d imagine you’re still pointing to these using an absolute filepath (something like C:\…). As server doesn’t have access to your local machine, it can’t access these and pick the files up and therefore can’t bring in these fields. The go to when referencing multiple inputs from server tends to be a shared drive that you/your colleagues have access to, as well as the machine running your Alteryx server. If this isn’t an option, when you upload to the gallery you can choose to package assets which include Input files etc so that Alteryx can reference these within gallery. You can read more about this and how to do it here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Assets-and-Packaging-Workflows/ta-p/4...

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@DataNath  i've tried packaging all inputs and outputs, still not working... not sure whats going wrong.

DataNath
17 - Castor

@wonka1234 when packaged, are the filepaths in the input/output tools correct? Not sure if it’s done automatically but if not they may still be absolute.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Relative-Paths/ta-p/1160

Labels