Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sequence of activities

BevH
6 - Meteoroid

Hello

I am trying to design a workflow that orders activities in the sequence in which they happen.  Then showing analysis of which activities happen first and which activities happen last?  I have attached some mocked up data to help?  I would want to see the order of each persons activities and then an overall summary of first and last. Thanks in advance....

4 REPLIES 4
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BevH 

You can use a filter to get rid of Null values (specially on Start Time) and then sort by Person,Start Time Ascending.

Thableaus_0-1592828152673.png

See WF attached.

Cheers,

BevH
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Thableaus

Thanks so so much for getting back to me... i think i should've been more clear with what i was expecting the output to look like...  I've mocked something up to demonstrate...

Also, i would like to ask the question - what activity do people do directly before brushing teeth and directly after brushing teeth???? hmmmmm

To be honest your first response was very helpful as i was trying to make it much more complicated with other tools that just dont give the right answer!!!

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@BevH 

I see what you want. I made some modifications to achieve your final result. See attached.

Have in mind that Alteryx doesn't allow the repetition of field names. So you won't be able to have what you desire, unless you use Reporting Tools and change every field manually.

Cheers,

BevH
6 - Meteoroid

Thableaus!!!  Thank you .. thank you...  i have been going round in circles with several variations of thsi workflow - some with cross tabs, some with tiling and none of them quite worked...  however thsi one is neat and less muddled and although it didnt at first give the perfect answer i was able to spot where i needed to add a unique tool and now after days of pulling hair out i get exactly what i was after!!! huge huge thankyou !!!!

Finally - if i were to ask - what do people do before and after they go to the toilet can i please please ask - how would you handle that??? 

Labels