Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sending bulk (100+) contacts in one email

MichaelSmith119
5 - Atom

Hi, 

I have set up a workflow which dynamically generates a contact list of 900+ people (this is updated daily) using In-DB tools then it sends out an email to these people. I have batched the list up into chunks to send multiple emails but I need to send to as many people as possible in one email. I can't use a distribution list as the list changes daily and I can't send one email per person as this can overwhelm the server and we use the email account for other purposes. 

Previously we have sent 500 per email as that is outlooks limit. Using Alteryx, I don't seem to be able to send out to more than 7(ish) emails in one email. i get the Record#1: Func 'curl_easy_perform' failed, ret = 55, desc = Failed sending data to the peer error message. 

I need to be able to send these emails out in batches. I have tried multiple variations of batches. It works on my test lists when I have about 5 per set but over that, I get errors. I have checked all over the community and can't find a solution that would work. I have seen about the character limit in the To CC and BCC fields but surely we should be able to send out to more than a handful of people in one email, especially if the outlooks limit is 500. 

Please help, this is driving me insane. 

Ive attached some pictures of the workflow but not sure how much that would help

2 REPLIES 2
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @MichaelSmith119 

These are my comments suggestions:

• Please make sure the size of your variable storing the recipients is able to store all of them, Alteryx truncates the data is it is too long!
  • These are Microsoft rules for Outlook's email, it is very restrictive: Sending limits in Outlook.com 
  • You may consider using a different email provider, I found this page speaking about Contact Mokey 

I did not find options to re-configure Outlook's recipients limits, something to keep in mind.

hth

Arnaldo

KSassone
8 - Asteroid

Following:  as I have encountered the same error message and would love to see a solution. Recently upgraded to version 2023.1.1.247. I am testing with only two bcc email recipients as a built field (after testing I will add more emails to the field/column). A browse tool shows both in the results screen, but I receive the above ret = 55 error (Failed sending data to the peer). Any recommendations gratefully received.

Labels