Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Select Field members in an Analytic APp

Bryth
8 - Asteroid

Hello gurus, 

I am trying to create an analytic app where I want to give the user the option to filter on the members of a field however that she wants. How do I go about this. Have tried to do this but it is not working for me

Bryth_0-1683647812699.png

3 REPLIES 3
acarter881
12 - Quasar

Hello, @Bryth.

To provide the list of options from a field, with only one option intended to be selected, please see the attached workflow.

acarter881_0-1683648592329.png

Bryth
8 - Asteroid

Thank you. I have tried your approach. the problem is that the dropdown is not populating the members of the field of interest. How soi I fix that please

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Your field has to be the filed you are grouping on in your summarize tool. I use a group by that field, use a record id. cross tab where the record id is the column name and the group-by value is the value.

Keep in mind - you have to run your app prior to using it as an app. - ie run it as a workflow once to populate.

Labels