Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Searching two fields with find and replace.

DanMBrx
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to search two fields with one find and replace? 

I know I can run one find and replace into another and search twice, but I end up with two fields appended to the end of my spreadsheet. 

If it is not possible to search two fields with one find and replace, does anyone know how I can merge the two fields into one with only a single value in the remaining field?

Thanks,

Dan

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@DanMBrx I think the find and replace tool is able to search for only one field, if you want more fields to search you need to use another find and replace. For your use case can you provide a sample test file and the expected result?

DanMBrx
7 - Meteor

I am unable to upload the actual file due to constrictions at work but I have uploaded a 'dumbed down' version. Searching for FOB in multiple fields and applying SRR code A.1 is the desired outcome.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@DanMBrx Transpose your data and apply the find and replace tool

binuacs_0-1687444308957.png

DanMBrx
7 - Meteor

Thanks @binuacs great help once again.

Labels