Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Search for a similar value in the same field or other fields and re order the said values.

salvador_ian
7 - Meteor

To community,

I have attached a sample data that contains the xyz coordinates of 2 points in the same row. 

The goal is to search for similar xyz point in other fields and reorder the rows based on the same points.

1(x,y,z) could be same with 2(x,y,z)  of another row.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@salvador_ian 
I dont think there is a function of 3D Point in Alteryx, so maybe we can calculatae the difference as below then set a criterial to filter only "Simular" point?

0719-salvador_ian-A.png

salvador_ian
7 - Meteor

@Qiu I'm always thankful for your help! 

Sorry for the late response because I only now find the time to work on this again.

Your workflow was very helpful in solving the first part of my question. I was able to modify the workflow you sent to suit the data I'll need and filter out some duplicates. 

Right now I have this output data, 

Annotation 2024-07-25 132521.jpg

and I'm planning to sort it using alteryx to appear like this:

Annotation 2024-07-25 132744.jpg

this is the one I just manually sorted, I highlighted the same values with same colors.

I'm looking for something like an xlookup in alteryx but currently I'm not aware if it is the solution or using a workflow for this specific set of data is better. 

I'm thankful if anyone could help!

Labels