Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Schedule in Gallery to save in sharepoint

JVMORO
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

Basically I have a flow that I'm going to save in the gallery, schedule it every day, and save it in sharepoint. However, its variable is the month, so I would like to know if there is a way to override it when it is the same month, and create a new folder when the month changes, for example:

I put it in schedule in month 05, it will be saved in the spreadsheet "05_2023", we will move to month 06, it will be saved in the spreadsheet "06_2023", and so on.

Thank you very much in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @JVMORO,

You can change the file path to where the file is written. The Folder ("5" in this case) needs to be there already. 

Formula:

FrederikE_0-1685539737945.png

Output Tool:

FrederikE_1-1685539771665.png

There is a similar config with the SharePoint Output tool, if you are using this one instead. 

JVMORO
7 - Meteor

Hi @FrederikE 

Your answer was of great help. Do you happen to know how it would look in an example of the sharepoint path?
because the two are quite different.

FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @JVMORO,

True, the SharePoint tool is a bit more complicated - Here you would require a batch macro to dynamically update the path since the tool has no such built-in functionality. 

Your main flow could look like this: 

The top part is just the path that you want to save it to, with the dynamically updated path. The bottom part would be whatever you want to save. 

FrederikE_0-1685619091813.png

The Macro then should look like this: 

FrederikE_1-1685619162871.png

The Action tool is configured to update the path of your sharePoint output dynamically. 

FrederikE_2-1685619247935.png

I have added the main-Workflow as an attachement - The macro is not shared, since all configurations are Computer/SharePoint specific. 

JVMORO
7 - Meteor

Thank you very much for your help, it was of great benefit!!👊

Labels