Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Salesforce connector - Error 400

calloni
9 - Comet

Hello everyone

Brand new to Alteryx here and my first assignment is to connect to SalesForce. Last year when were doing proof of concept we had the following screen for the Salesforce connector:

salesforce-1-year-ago.PNG

When I installed Alteryx this year and added the Salesforce connector now the UI does not have a URL field anymore. Instead it has a Environment drop down menu with Production and Sandbox options. This is how the UI looks now:

salesforce-today.PNG

And as you can see I am getting an error message 400 when I try to connect.

Questions:

1) Am I using the correct connector?

2) Have anyone had this error before and could help figuring out how to go over it?

Thanks in advance

Rodrigo

4 REPLIES 4
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @calloni

I would double-check your credentials to start, the error mentions an authentication failure so it could be a typo?

Additionally, you should check out this article! If you are still having troubles, please reach out to Support@alteryx.com and they can assist you further!

Thanks,
TrevorS

Community Moderator
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

The first screen you put in is from the salesforce output tool.

The second is from the salesforce input tool.

If you are writing a table use salesforce output but reading a table is salesforce input.

Switch to sandbox and login. if it gives error try in production.

[]

calloni
9 - Comet

Thanks Trevor

It seems something was changed in our Salesforce and now I get access! Thanks for the answer!

calloni
9 - Comet

Thanks Geraldo for clarifying the UI question. 

Rodrigo

Labels