Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Salesforce Output failing due to truncated fields

warrencowan
9 - Comet

Hi Everyone, am trying to update some records with new values in a Salesforce object via the SF output connector (1.3.1), but it appears to be truncating a key field and not loading in the records at all, even if some of the batch is ok.

bb4c06ca-4fc7-406a-b14f-957e04a05637.png

The field in question is a long one (set to 50k length via a preceding field select tool), but the max length of the long text field at the salesforce end is 55k. So I cant see what the need is for truncating it, or to fail the upload.

This feels like a new issue too as previously the workflow has operated fine, but nothing has changed.

Anyone able to suggest anything?

Many thnx in advance

w

1 REPLY 1
warrencowan
9 - Comet

I'm not deliberately marking  my own homework here, but since this seems like a tumbleweed I did some experimentation on the possibility that maybe certain characters were upsetting things, and they are.

Im still getting truncated (at least it tells me the number its truncated to now, and I can see that 32000 is the limit), but removing certain characters allows for the still truncated rows to be processed unlike before where the whole export was blocked.

Bottom line it seems to have major issues with commas and apostrophes. Or at least when they are not spaced as in my curent field content as theyre being used as delimiters. Not quite sure why this is so problematic as these would seem pretty standard for a text field. Smaller delimited rows of data have passed through no problem, so my guess is that the combination of size and charcater issues is rocking the boat here,

I still don't know why Im being truncated, but at least Ive found the blocking issue that stop the data exporting. May have to decide if I want to accept the lower field limit and let the exceptions go for the sake of progress.

I will also try and change my delimiting characters to something more palatteable and removing apostrophes prior to export.

If you ever have this issue and find this helpful let me know. I hope it costs you less sleep than me.

Labels