Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Salesforce Connector

kuj2022
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I just installed salesforce connect and wanted to concect the salesforce output but i'm getting the following message "All incoming anchors  initialized, but plugin has errors". Would anyone be able to assist?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Cyloptix
5 - Atom

Hey there @kuj202,

A fellow Salesforce user! I found that a better work around with the Salesforce tool is to use the Input Tool and connect to Salesforce via ODBC connection. Not only does this allow for more robust connections, it also allows for SQL manipulation of multiple Salesforce Objects at once! 

1. See a workflow example of using the Input tool. 
2. Use the Input Data and go to Generic Connection via ODBC. Don't forget you will need to setup this ODBC connection. 
3. You can specify the Username and Password of your object. 

Screenshot 2023-12-27 123410.png

Screenshot 2023-12-27 123455.png

Screenshot 2023-12-27 123545.png

   

basubb
6 - Meteoroid

Where do you specify company's specific Salesforce instance which is actually <companyname>.lightning.force.com in the ODBC configuration? Can you share the more details of your ODBC connection setup, I followed the instructions on this KB article but I do not see where one would specify the source SF instance.

How to set up Salesforce ODBC connection (alteryx.com)

Thanks

Basu

Labels