Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

STOPPING DATA AFTER A SPECIFIC DATE IN DATA SET

AlteryxLearner23
7 - Meteor

In the attached file, I have data from 2023-2025.

There is a column that is called 'Plan End Date'.

I want the data to stop on each row after the 'Plan End Date' if applicable.

For example, Property C (rows 7-9) has a 'Plan End Date' of Mar23, therefore all data after this date should show as zero.

Can anyone assist please?

9 REPLIES 9
DanielG
12 - Quasar

@AlteryxLearner23  - is this what you are trying to accomplish?  I think I understood the ask.  I chose the first of the month when building out the date from the column header, but it can easily be altered to end of the month with one additional formula if that works better for you.

AlteryxLearner23
7 - Meteor

@DanielG Thankyou!

However, I'm unable to open your attachment. Not sure if it's me or the file itself.

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

caltang_0-1686660964144.png

Click on Import, then Yes. It should work - it works on my end no issue. If you still have issues, let us know.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
DanielG
12 - Quasar

@AlteryxLearner23  - try this.  You will just need to repoint the input to your file.  Also I am on version 2022.1.  Maybe that is the issue???  Give this a try and let me know.  

AlteryxLearner23
7 - Meteor

@DanielG @caltang 

I think you are right, I need to update my software.

When I go to update, it says I need my "License Key Verification", which has dashes in it.

Where can I find this?

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you could access it fine before this, and now you're seeing that, it means your Alteryx license has expired. Kindly speak with your Alteryx program manager or your vendor / Alteryx partner to get your license keys renewed.

If you are using a trial version, it means the period has elapsed. 

If you're on a SparkED license, and if you're still a student, you can ask for another renewal I believe.

Depends on the scenarios above, your issue is related to licensing and not what @DanielG gave I'm afraid...

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
DanielG
12 - Quasar

@AlteryxLearner23  - sounds like @caltang is right, however there is one other thing to try first just in case it isnt a license issue is to open the workflow in any text editor (I used notepad usually) and change the version in there.  Then just save it and try to open it from Alteryx.  

As long as the workflow isnt using any new features that arent available in your version it will work fine.  I dont think I used anything super new in there, so you should be all set if that is the actual issue.  😊

DanielG_0-1686662925398.png

AlteryxLearner23
7 - Meteor

Thanks @DanielG 

I restarted my system and was able to download the file.

It works perfectly.

DanielG
12 - Quasar

@AlteryxLearner23  - Happy to help!

Labels