Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Returning Matched OutPut Score on fuzzy match

Masond3
8 - Asteroid

Good Morning Team, 

I am having a bit of a moment, 

I have created a super basic fuzzy matching flow  (See attached screen shot & WF)

I am trying to return the Match Score results for a given group. I believe i have done this, but i just need a sense check to see if i am joining correctly and getting the desired / right output 

Masond3_0-1636541413376.png

Looking forward to your response 

Regards
Masond3

2 REPLIES 2
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Masond3 

That does look right, but I think it may be slightly over simplified when it comes to a real life example.

Due to you using the unique this is just going to take a unique combination across the fields you have selected. When you start to use larger data sets, you'll find records in the same group are going to have different match scores. 

This will then leave you with duplicates in there, so I believe you'll then need to address that with the logic you require (selecting the highest match score? for example)

Masond3
8 - Asteroid

@JoeS 
Thanks for reviewing.

You are Spot on. i just pushed in more data, and for a given company id its returning Multiple matches due to the different match scores. 

Taking your advice about highest match score i done the following 

Masond3_0-1636553256455.png

Masond3_1-1636553291622.pngMasond3_2-1636553314123.png

Labels