Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Results Viewing Issue

ijurgensen
7 - Meteor

Good Morning! I've been having an issue where the results tabs on my tools does not show anything unless I put a browse tool on the end of it. I used to be able to preview data by selecting the "out" tab on a tool, but now it's always blank. I don't remember changing anything that would have caused this, and am wondering if there's a setting somewhere that I don't know about...

The image shows an example of the results window from the join tool after I had just run the workflow. No errors or other issues. Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi@ijurgensen 

Try the below.

Options -> User Settings -> Restore defaults.

ShankerV_0-1673444742354.png

ShankerV_1-1673444781962.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

ijurgensen
7 - Meteor

Strangely that did not work.

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

Hi @ijurgensen 

This post seems to have some more details about why this is happening (generally a memory issue):

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/results-window-not-displaying-data-any...

Looks like there are a few possible fixes include the one by ShankerV above, as well as a couple more listed in the post about unchecking Disable All Browse Tools or overriding tool result settings.

ijurgensen
7 - Meteor

Thank you James and ShankerV, I'll take a look at the post and see if I can work it out. 

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @ijurgensen 

As mentioned by @JamesCharnley feel free to do the changes and test whether it works.

As you can do the Restore Default Settings at any time.

Many thanks

Shanker V

ijurgensen
7 - Meteor

ijurgensen_2-1673445413473.png

In the post, this solution worked!!! Thank you!

Labels