Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Result are different in tableau and alteryx. Please suggest

Onemajor
7 - Meteor

As I run the workflow in alteryx, its summing population and showing the same population across  each market.

But as I am using the same data in Tableau then its summing up again and showing different number.

Is there way to solve this issue so that the number looks accurate in Tableau? 

Thank you!!

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Onemajor 
It looks to me that Tableau is also giving the same population acrross the market, which is the consistent with your input data.

The results from Alteryx and Tableau are  just same to me. 😁

0620-Onemajor.png

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @Onemajor ,

This should be a topic on Tableau Community, but you may try to set Tableau as below.

Tableau_Setting.png

Onemajor
7 - Meteor

I mean, if date is added in the column then the population is same across each date. If I don't add date then its summing the population. But regardless of the date population would be the same, which I am trying to get. So, is there way to get the same population without adding date in the column? 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@Onemajor If you don't want to include Date - don't include it in your summarize field. I don't get this. Are we talking cosmetic issues or data issues? As pointed out by @Yoshiro_Fujimori  and @Qiu  you do not seem to have a data issue. 

Onemajor
7 - Meteor

Sorry, I think I am not able to explain correctly. let me try again.

For example, in this dataset lets select SLC market. If you look at the Date column and Sum_Population column then you see on 06/12/2024, 06/13,2024 and 06/14/2024 its the same which is 1460341. Now I want to take this data from Alteryx and add in Tableau. Upon doing so, if I add "Date" in the Columns and "Market" in the row then the result is exactly the same. but this is not what I wanted. 

What I want is: If I add "Market" in the row and (don't add "Date" in the column) then it should still generate the same population for SLC which is 1,460,341 but its summing up for each date and then generating value as 4,381,023. Population should not change regardless of date added or not. This is what I am trying to achieve. Here is the table that I am trying to get in Tableau(without adding date)

MarketPopulation
DFW2978407
LV1244443
SLC1460341

Hope this helps to understand the problem. Thank you 

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Onemajor 
You mean like this?

0620-Onemajor-r2.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I think what you are trying to do is do a summarize/group by Market/group by population - sum sales.

your resulting dataset will be your sales sum by market - with your population number carried over.

Labels