Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Report File Automation

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

Hi Guys

I have received following task

""How can we use a tool to automatically pick up the change control report file that is being sent to you and xxx via email and place in a corp data network folder. Can you please see if Alteryx can do this in addition to other tools such as Power Automate? I know power automate can do this but I am unsure if the file has to be in a specific format. The preference would be Alteryx but if doesn't have the capability, I'd like to see what other options we have. I'm asking you to look into this because we would lie to be eliminate the need for having a person take the file and drop into a file location so the data in the change control dashboard can update automatically on a daily basics.

The user how to guide is the top priority as well as finish updating the operational health dashboard documentation. This change control data research would be third priority.""

Could you please let me know if the task can be done in Alteryx

2 REPLIES 2
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @BRRLL99 ,

Assuming you are using office, there is in the public gallery a tool to browse through your email and get attachments:

https://help.alteryx.com/20221/designer/outlook-365-input-tool

It is quite intuitive but if you have any questions using it let me know.

Kind regards

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

Do you have any sample workflow?

so I can look into it

Labels