Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Replace Multiple Instances with One Name

daveyc3000
Meteoro

in my source data in column M, I have names of companies

one issue is that the company name can come in different forms, but it's actually the same company 

in my Excel model, what I've done is build a list of names in a separate sheet  then make an VBA loop where if it finds anything these names in column M of the source data sheet, simply make it "Walt Disney"

possible to do this inherently in Alteryx?

6 RESPUESTAS 6
aatalai
Púlsar

use the find and replace tool

daveyc3000
Meteoro

would that do it in one shot, though?

aatalai
Púlsar

try it - it possibly can but hard to say for certain without seeing all the data etc

rzdodson
Cuásar

@daveyc3000 attaching actual solutions for you.

Find and Replace can work - it'll depend on whether you want to get a list of how all of the companies currently appear, creating a field for how they should appear, and then using Find and Replace. For simplicity's sake, I created another Text Input tool that I used to bypass a couple of steps.

daveyc3000
Meteoro

tks, the top flow seems to be the one i want (but i had modify the last two rows of the "replace" values of the "list of companies") ...ill need to take a look at the bottom flow again as im new and trying to make sense of it

to be clear, attached is what the macro does....loops thru reference, loops through source, then finds a match, replaces with "walt disney"

Raj
Magnetar

@daveyc3000 
have you tried fuzzy match?

Etiquetas