Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rendering different layout size to different sheets

josiahgoh
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

I have a use case where i need to render different layout size for different sheets in a single excel file. I need to use the render tool as I need to apply conditional formatting to the sheet

I am able to only apply the same layout size to each sheet, which results in one sheet being truncated as shown:

josiahgoh_0-1684221925000.png

If i specify a bigger layout size, the sheet with fewer columns will be expanded, which makes it ugly as shown:

josiahgoh_1-1684222179046.png

Is there a way to do it dynamically where i can specify a different layout size for each sheet in the same file, to avoid any sheets from being truncated? 

I look forward to possible solutions and suggestions. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@josiahgoh The paper size will get applied by default to all the sheets, you cannot specifically set the paper size to each sheet. You can try the below workaround

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Can-t-change-column-width-when...

josiahgoh
7 - Meteor

Thank you for providing this solution. I will take a look at it.

Is there a way that we can use a macro or multiple render tools to the same file in order to set a different layout to each sheet?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

No- you can render a file exactly one distinct time in a workflow -if you render a second time you will overwrite it... Yes - this is a huge failing of Render - and I think most of us can agree that there should be a better solution here.

josiahgoh
7 - Meteor

Sure, thanks a lot.

Labels