Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Render several excel sheet outputs into same excel workbook

Leandro-Dllula
6 - Meteoroid

Hi everyone, I have 3 excel sheets outputs which I'm placing on the same excel workbook, and they come as raw excel sheets. I wanted to format them as table and still have them all 3 on the excel workbook, but i'm having troubles connecting the reporting tools, I know I have to use a render tool and also a layout one, but i'm not sure on how to connect them. 

4 REPLIES 4
FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Leandro-Dllula , you'll want to use the "Vertical with Section Breaks" option within the Layout tool. This will output each table into a different sheet within the same workbook:

FinnCharlton_0-1678454192208.png

Hope this helps!

Leandro-Dllula
6 - Meteoroid

Ok so those steps need to go before the outputs that I have? do I need to remove them entirely?

LeandroDllula_0-1678457046782.png

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@Leandro-Dllula , the render tool will write an output for you, so no need for those tools. The render tool is used for outputting reporting snippets (like tables, maps etc.) and the output data tool will just write the raw data with no formatting.

Leandro-Dllula
6 - Meteoroid

great that worked, now the only thing I need to change is the name of the sheets, is that also something I can configure from there?

Labels