Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Render Tool .xslx is not a supported format error when running as analytic app

dmpope
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I have a workflow that a coworker is using to format a report, the render tool functions properly when running on desktop, but when she tries to run it with the analytic app UI, an error pops up that says the file (a .xlsx file) is an unsupported format:

dmpope_0-1686056116872.png

I've tried:

1) Enabling/Disabling AMP Engine

2) Having the full path of the file in the config window per a post on the community suggested

dmpope_1-1686056251166.png

3) Changing the path to %Temp%Flexcard AR.xlsx per a post on the community suggested

dmpope_2-1686056301482.png

None of the above has worked. Could someone help me out with this error?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Hi @dmpope , I think you'll have to remove the "|||sheet1" from the File Path

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@dmpope As @FinnCharlton suggested no need to give the sheet name in the full path, I created a sample workflow and attached it. Can you test this one?

binuacs_0-1686057719021.png

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@dmpope 

Try deactivating the render option in the interface view and open the log to check

geraldo_0-1686057751721.png

dmpope
8 - Asteroid

Hi @FinnCharlton 

This was the solution - there was an interface tool connected to the Render tool where to you can change the location of where to save the file and when that happens it makes you select a Sheet to export too. Removing that interface tool removed the Sheet1 since I didn't have that in the tool config in the workflow. 

Thank you!

Labels