Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Render Tool with Error "Not Supported Format"

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi

I have four containers and each container contains formula tool that dictates the sheet name for its output which is an excel file.

For the first three created sheet names merge well in an excel file. All three was made with Output Data Tool.

Capture.JPG

However when I created the fourth one which involves a render tool. It gives an error of not supported format. I remove the sheet name in the formula tool and it went through without error however, the other 3 tabs or sheet names are missing.

error not supported format.PNG

Path.PNG

Please help and assist me on how I can merge the 4 tabs or sheet names in one excel file.

Looking forward for your expertise.

Thank,

Kamen

12 REPLIES 12
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I'm tagging @DataNath for this as well.

To my knowledge, if you want to fix the width, have you tried using automatic instead? 

Do you mind exporting that workflow so we can play with it, @KamenRider ?

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
apathetichell
19 - Altair

The workaround is you use an output data on the sheets which don't fit the render size AFTER you create them in render. The output data is set to overwrite sheet.

Additional details here - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Output-data-after-render/td-p/...

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @apathetichell 

Thanks for the link you have provided. This is the result I am looking for where there is a combination of formatted and unformatted data in one excel file. However, the sample you have provided consists of only 2 tabs. What if I have more than 3 tabs/sheets? How can connect each using Block Until Done icon with only 3 connectors? Any snapshots or samples will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kamen

Labels