Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Render Tool - spacing issues

kristinfreitas
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow where I create a table and export to a Word document using the Render tool.  The exported file has some spacing issues where spaces between some words (not all) are removed.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
Blake
12 - Quasar

Hi @kristinfreitas - your report might be too wide for the "page" that it is being printed to. 

In your render tool, try changing the orientation to landscape. If you've already done that, try adjusting the size of the page you are printing to. 

Blake_0-1588272852532.png

Thanks, let me know if this works for you! 

kristinfreitas
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the tip!  I am exporting as landscape.  I have also played around with changing the size of the page.  I am still having the issue.

Blake
12 - Quasar

You're welcome. Try setting your table width to automatic in the table tool.

Blake_0-1588279074997.png

If that doesn't work, I may be out of ideas.

kristinfreitas
7 - Meteor

This didn't work either.  Thank you very much for trying!

Alex_Stoica
7 - Meteor

Any solutions for this issue? I have the same issue, Render tool somehow delete some spaces between words to keep the format, I believe. 

marcusfin
5 - Atom

I have also having a similar issue. The tables are generating correctly, and when I browse and view them everything looks fine, but only certain rows in the table remove a space between elements in a column on the generated pdf. I add an extra space and then it looks right, but then there is an extra space for the other rows. 

Labels