Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Regional number settings

jvanderpol
Meteoro

So being in mainland Europe, working with Office 360,  I use the comma as my decimal point --> pi = 3,14 and not 3.14

I think my Alteryx settings are the same. In- and output with excel via "Input Data" and "Output Data" works like a charm.

However, when copying data from the Alteryx Results dialog (see screen-shot) to Excel, PI suddenly is 314.159.265.358.979

Included a few screen-shots to show what is happening.

Alteryx Screenshot.png

Result Excel.png

• Bug
8 RESPUESTAS 8
Emmanuel_G
Púlsar

Hi @jvanderpol ,

Try changing the configuration, putting spaces as thousands separators and keeping commas as decimals separators.

Then you can copy your cell values ​​in the results window with a Ctrl+C and do a Ctrl+V in the excel file as shown below.

Fais nous savoir si ça marche comme tu veux.

Emmanuel_G_1-1657272112692.png

jvanderpol
Meteoro

Unfortunately no glory, copy-pasting now indeed leaves a (not-excel number format) when pasting bigger numbers into excel, but my 3,14 is still returning with the 314 trillion or so :(

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jvanderpol - Would you be able to check if the PI field is a Numeric data type?

ArtApa_0-1657329303923.png

soccertil1108
Asteroide

additionally, what is the warning identified by the upper right red triangle in the output grid?

jvanderpol
Meteoro

It is a double

jvanderpol
Meteoro

Hello soccertil1108

jvanderpol_0-1657348996186.png

soccertil1108
Asteroide

Sorry that all I can offer are suggestions as I am in the US and can't create a complete environment to test. I did notice that in the User Settings dialog there is a information pop-up next to the Thousands Separator and Decimal Symbol labels that say "Applies to all numeric values except data in Results grid". That may explain what's happening. A solution might be to convert the numerics to string so you can cut and paste cleanly?

jvanderpol
Meteoro

Guess there is my answer. Would still ope in copy-pasting those it would work. Your solution probably works as well, but then it is probably easier to make an extra output file. Use the results grid for checking/ debugging, so quick references... transforming them to strings to be able to look does not really help then. But appreciate the suggestion / help... solution probably is to change my regional settings for my full computer :(

Etiquetas